Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas To All

I hope you all had a nice Christmas.  I know I sure did!

Lots of time was spent with family, relaxing, reminiscing, and just having a grand ole Christmas time.

Christmas Eve came and Arren and I helped my dad and the Lyon's Club distribute Christmas baskets to fellow Arcolians.  These are good, hard working families who have fallen on hard times or found themselves sick.

Then Christmas Eve night we ventured over to Uncle Bill and Aunt Janet's for some Christmas cheer.  The Nacke's have always has a Christmas Eve get together since before I was born, and each year the family party has grown bigger.  In fact, at this gathering, 14 of my 17 second cousins were corralled and brought by their moms and dads (my first cousins).  That meant 14 little kiddos were bouncing off the walls for Santa, for presents, and for the few extra sugar cookies they had eaten that day.  It's always great catching up with family members and as an added bonus, chowing down on some very tasty food.

In years past, the Nacke family has always drawn names for Christmas presents, but this year we did a white elphant-ish gift trade.  It was a success.  As for what Arren and I got... we now have two 1,000 piece puzzles to pass the time while our scentsy keeps the place smelling wonderful!

The next morning Santa did not disappoint.  Arren and I kicked off the early morning by opening gifts at our place.  Arren (I mean Santa) did an awesome job.  He hand picked a necklace and earrings for me to wear on our wedding day and managed to replace Dorothy in a Wizard of Oz book with my own name.

Then we headed over to my parent's for some more gift opening and ate until we were stuffed and then ate a little more.  Being an only child, my parents have always gotten me way too much on Christmas.  And even though my mom insisted she had cut back, it was no different this Christmas.  My favorite gift would have to be the bright red Kitchen Aide Mixer my parent's bought for me.  I mean it's so red and shiny and really just reminds me of Christmas cookies.  Note to self: I must start baking more.

That afternoon we headed over to Arren's family Christmas party.  A good time was had by all!  We of course had to play a family game and this time it was a tricky little ditty called headbandz.  We all had to wear head bands with note cards attached and then use clues to figure out what our note card said.  At one point I was a mustache and soon after that, Abe Lincoln. 

In all, Christmas 2012 was a success!  I'm sad it's over.  I don't want to take down my decorations or our drooping tree.  2013 is right around the corner and I can't believe how fast this year flew by.  Did you all have a great Christmas filled with family and good food?  Did you get something that just made your jaw drop?  Or did you give something that made the receiver beam with joy?




No comments :

Post a Comment