Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goals Are For Nerds

So I figured I jump on the band wagon a little late, and type up some resolutions.

I'm not really a goal person.  I suppose I have stuff in the back of my mind that I want to accomplish, but I don't really label them goals.  Goals are nerdy.  Goals are for people trying too hard.  And I'm Joe Cool, Joe Cool doesn't set goals, Joe Cool rolls with the flow of things.

Resolutions?  Those are goals disguised in new year antics.  Goals for the year that usually last 2 weeks... then it's back to waiting for the next year to roll around and reset your yearly 2 week resolution list.

Now that you've realized I'm all bah-humbug when it comes to anything pertaining to goals or resolutions, you're probably sitting on the edge of your seat in excitement to read my own for 2013.

  1. Take more pictures and videos.  In college I never left my apartment without my camera in hand.  I was the photo queen.  I'd photograph EVERYTHING.  I bogged down my old computer with so many pictures I had to get a back up hard drive to store them on.  Alas, those days are over and I find myself wishing I had more pictures of this past year.  
      2.  Write more.  Blog more.  Don't take a whole month off leaving you people twiddling
           your thumbs.

      3.  Eat healthier.  Stop eating so much candy, fast food, chips... I could go on and on.

      4.  Stop drinking pop.  This is a biggie.  I have a love-hate relationship with Coke.  I usually
           have one a day, but after reading all the nasty, horrible, non nutrisous things that are in pop
           (especially dark pop) I'm determined to give it up.  First step switch to Coke 0.  Then start
           cutting back to every other day, every 3rd day, every 4th day.  Baby steps people, baby
           steps... 

      5.  Get married and have fun doing it.  This is a no brainer, but it's a nice reminder that you
           only get married once and why stress out about it.  Take a deep breath, smile and enjoy
           every moment of being engaged!

      6.  Start actively house hunting.  So, I'm slightly addicted to majorly creeping on all the area
           houses for sale.  I know locations, prices, and wallpaper designs.  I promise I only have a
           small problem.  And the first step in correcting your problem is acknowledging it right?...
           right? Hopefully in the next year we will find the one to make our own and then I can lay off
           the house creeping.

I could probably come up with about 5 more, but I don't want to bore you people.  So now it's your turn, what are your resolutions, your dreams, your hopes, your ambitions for 2013.

No comments :

Post a Comment