Monday, September 10, 2012

Paintastic!

The inside of the porch is finished!... Well at least for the time being.




I helped my dad finish up painting the walls and we put the first coat on the floor.  Then he finished the next two nights by adding two more coats to the floor.

The ceiling, cabinet, and walls only took 1 coat.  We kept the same color scheme with white walls and a gray floor.  But, instead of a drab evergreen ceiling, the porch now is much brighter with some sparkling white.

Eventually those new bare walls will get some horizontal tongue and groove board action, with some insulation underneath as well.  But until then we will happily admire our hard work!

By the way, if I was my parents, I'd totally repaint the doors a happy bright color as well!


p.s. Elsie finally came home from the vet today.  Her recovery has been way slower than what was originally thought.  Stay tuned for an update.

No comments :

Post a Comment