Monday, August 13, 2012

Nat Needs a New Pair of Shoes

A few years ago we had an abundance of tomatoes so we decided to set up a produce table in front of the house.

We had lots of people stop by and even some kind souls that left some spare change on the table.

So, I had the bright idea to get a styrofoam cooler and cut a hole in the top for "donations".  Unbeknownst to me, my dad decided to further explain what donations would be used for.

The first time I ventured out to collect change, the box read:

Donations
Nat Needs A New Pair Of Shoes


It got quite the laugh from friends and neighbors.  In fact, everywhere I seemed to go that summer someone was asking me how the shoe fund was doing.

We ended up making about $100 which was pretty awesome considering our orginal goal of just getting rid of excess tomatoes.

Towards the end of summer, I went out late one afternoon to collect the daily funds and saw something strange in the box.  It was large, wrapped, and had to of been a pain to get through the tiny opening in the top of the box.

I delicately removed the duct tape around the lid and laughed as I discovered what the mysterious package was...  Someone had brought out a pair of ballet flats and stuffed them into the box.

I'm pretty sure they were kids size and way too small for my boat sized feet, but it was a nice gesture from the stranger with a great sense of humor.

No comments :

Post a Comment