Friday, June 29, 2012

Screeeeeeeeeech



That my fair feathered friends is a Red-tailed Hawk!  I sadly only had my iphone on me at the time so these are the best pics I was able to capture.  In the picture below I was trying to creep on the birdie, but alas it flew away.


The hawk had some unfriendly company.  Some kind of mean little birds kept attacking his back as he flew through the air.  So I, being friend to all animals, furrowed my brow, shook my fist in their direction and yelled at the pesky little birds to cut it out.  Meanwhile the hawk, not one to stick around for a tough crowd, flew farther and farther away to escape the onslaught.

So now you're probably asking yourself what kind of weirdo could tell that little speck is a Red-tailed Hawk.  I am definitely no bird guru.  Here's a hint... the blog title gives it all away. 

When I got home I did some researching on the piercing screech I heard echoing over the pasture and quickly found who it belonged to.  Mr. Red-tailed Hawk!

Here is the link I used.  You can listen to the sound track and get all up to date on your Red-tailed Hawk knowledge!








No comments :

Post a Comment